top of page


Cashew nut is consumed all over the world and produced in the dry tropical zones of Africa, Asia and Latin America. West Africa accounts for 45% of world production, half of which is produced in Côte d'Ivoire. South Asia, particularly India, Vietnam and Cambodia, accounts for around 45% of world production as well, but contrary to Africa, it concentrates 90% of the world processing industry. Tanzania, Mozambique, Indonesia and Brazil produce the remaining 10%.

Since 2010, N'kalo has been continuously monitoring the market and prices in Africa and Asia. Our advanced expertise on this market allows us to advise producer organizations, processors, investors, traders, importers based in consuming countries, but also States and International Organizations in the design of their sectoral policy.


Enter your email address above to receive free copies of our newsletters.

Our experiences with cashew nuts

  • Strategic study for the reform of the sector (Côte d'Ivoire-2015-Minagri/World Bank)

  • Feasibility studies and process engineering (Côte d'Ivoire, Mali, Burkina Faso -2015-2017- various industrial operators)

  • Technical and commercial due diligence (Benin - 2016 - Toglo Project - Moringa Partnership)

  • Producer impact study (Côte d'Ivoire-2014-OLAM)

  • Global review of the sector (Ghana-2015-African Cashew Initiative)

  • Technical assistance for the implementation of traceability tools (Côte d'Ivoire-2014-SAP)

  • Technical assistance for the implementation of the "African Cashew Initiative" project (Côte d'Ivoire, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Benin, Mozambique - 2010 - GIZ/Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation)

  • Feasibility study for the establishment of a '0 deforestation' sector (Mozambique - 2015 - AFD/FFEM)

  • Support to organic and fair trade certification (Côte d'Ivoire - 2006 - Ethiquable)

  • Yield forecasting models (Côte d'Ivoire-2017-Conseil Coton Anacarde)

  • Financial modeling study of processing (Côte d'Ivoire-2017-Primature / BNETD)

  • Feasibility study of the Bihn Phuoq Geographical Indication (Vietnam-2016- VINACAS / METD / CIRAD)

bottom of page