Cashew

Cashew nut is consumed all over the world and produced in the dry tropical zones of Africa, Asia and Latin America. West Africa accounts for 45% of world production, half of which is produced in Côte d'Ivoire. South Asia, particularly India, Vietnam and Cambodia, accounts for around 45% of world production as well, but contrary to Africa, it concentrates 90% of the world processing industry. Tanzania, Mozambique, Indonesia and Brazil produce the remaining 10%. Since 2010, N'kalo has been continuously monitoring the market and prices in Africa and Asia. Our advanced expertise on this market allows us to advise producer organizations, processors, investors, traders, importers based in consuming countries, but also States and International Organizations in the design of their sectoral policy.

To receive the last cashew market report for free, enter your email address above.

Cashew: review and outlooks

Our cashew experiences

  • Strategic study for sector reform (Côte d'Ivoire-2015-Minagri / World Bank)

  • Feasibility studies and process engineering (Ivory Coast, Mali, Burkina Faso -2015-2017- various industrial operators)

  • Technical and commercial due diligence (Benin - 2016 - Toglo Project - Moringa Partnership)

  • Impacts study on producers (Côte d'Ivoire-2014-OLAM)

  • Global Sector Review (Ghana-2015-African Cashew Initiative)

  • Technical assistance set up of traceability tools (Côte d'Ivoire-2014-SAP)

  • Technical assistance for the implementation of the project "African Cashew Initiative" (Ivory Coast, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Benin, Mozambique - 2010 - GIZ / Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation)

  • Feasibility study setting up a "0 deforestation" sector (Mozambique - 2015 - AFD / FFEM)

  • Support for organic and Fairtrade certification (Côte d'Ivoire-2006-Ethiquable)

  • Yield forecasting models (Côte d'Ivoire-2017-Coton Anacarde Council)

  • Financial modeling study of the cashew processing sector (Ivory Coast-2017-Primature / BNETD)

  • Geographical Indication Bihn Phuoq Feasibility Study (Vietnam-2016- VINACAS / METD / CIRAD)

  • Gris Twitter Icon
  • Gris Facebook Icône

N'kalo - une initiative de nitidæ | N'kalo - a nitidæ initiative